Nov 25, 2015
Applying for a Tuition Scholarship
Overview: Awards made by ACSTO can only be used to pay for tuition for students currently enrolled in grades K-12 at a private Christian school (or at least planning to attend K-12 in the semester following the award process). If your child is not currently enrolled, or at least in the enrollment process, at the school named on your scholarship application, ACSTO cannot make an award.
You must also have a current and complete application with ACSTO in order to be considered for available scholarship awards. Click here to see our timeline←all applications expire at the end of each school year in May, and a new one is required for the new school year. A complete application and/or a donor's recommendation is no guarantee for a scholarship. ACSTO's selection committees have complete discretion regarding all scholarships awarded. You are able to apply through one of the methods below.
Applications for the 15-16
school year are now available!
Expect the online process to take about 20 minutes. You will need to write a narrative about your child and have income information available for all members of your household. Once you've started the online application, don't leave the computer for any length of time as it could time-out and lose the information you already entered.
If you qualify for the Overflow/PLUS program as a public school switcher or Corporate/Overflow recipient, you will need to submit a verification form (see forms below) or award letter separately in the mail. Military families will have the option to upload their military orders. Kindergartners do not need to submit any additional paperwork. If you already verified with us, you don't have to verify again.
By Mail, E-Mail or Fax
Complete the application and mail it to ACSTO with any additional paperwork. While we do everything we can to notify parents and schools when paperwork is needed, it is the responsibility of the parent to make sure ACSTO received a completed application and/or any required Overflow/PLUS paperwork.
If you qualify for the Overflow/PLUS program as a public school switcher or Corporate/Overflow recipient, you will need to include a verification form (see forms below) or award letter. Military families will need to include a copy of their military orders. Kindergartners do not need to include any additional paperwork.
|15-16 Scholarship Application|
Does your child qualify for an
If your child qualifies for the Overflow/PLUS program (a child only needs to meet one of the criteria), fill out the appropriate Verification Form for the one your child qualifies for and send it to ACSTO. If you have an award letter available, you may use that instead of a Corporate or Overflow Form.
|Public School Attendance
Verification for 'Switchers'
- Students who qualify as kindergartners do not need to submit any additional paperwork, if they are enrolled at the school they qualify automatically.
- Public school switchers only qualify if they can verify that they had attended a public/charter school in the PREVIOUS SCHOOL YEAR.
- Previous Corporate scholarship recipients qualify if they can verify a Corporate award from a previous school year. If they got an award this year, it will qualify them for Overflow next year.
- Military families only need to submit a copy of their military orders.
- Form cannot be signed by the parent or private school, they must be given to the scholarship organization that made the award or public school the child attended.
- Students who already qualify with ACSTO do not need to resubmit any paperwork if the student still attends their private school.